(View from PTT Building Sarajevo 1992)
1)Were did you first hear of Bosnia and and Sarajevo
Olympic Games 1984, but of cause I know about Jugoslavia from School.
2) Do you remember where were you when the war broke out?
In Sweden watching TV
3) What made you go to Bosnia during the war? Were where you stationed?
I was UN Military Observer. Prepared to go anywhere. They needed more UNOMs to UNPROFOR. My first posting was to Sarajevo July 1992.
4) The most memorable event of the war for you was?
The bombing of Sarajevo
5) What made you hopeless during the war?
The killing of civilians…
6) What gave you hope during the war?
„Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin“. The hope for a lot of people in PTT-building, Sector HQ in Sarajevo
7) Did you lose anyone close to you during the war?
8) Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded?
No. Only mental…
9) What was the hardest part about the war?
Innocent people that lost family members, houses, trust, hope…
10) Did you leave the during the war?
?do you mean Bosnia? Yes on leave some times..
11) Have you returned to Bosnia since the war?
12) 20 years later, what do you think of what happened?
13) Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later?
A bit better
14) Do you think war will return to BiH?
Hopefully not – but high risk
15) What do you think the future of BiH will be?
If they want themselves, arrange democracy, respect each other. Yes then it could be bright but I have seen so many examples of how they destroy generations. So if Status Q for three generation then YES!