Monday, February 13, 2012

(35) Bosnia twenty years later another story from Sarajevo


(Sarajevo)
1) Do you remember where were you when you realized the war was imminent? What town and what location in the town? I was in Sarajevo

2) Do you remember where you were when the war broke out, Specifically?In Sarajevo at home.

3) Where were you when the war came to your town? Were you at home, relatives, friends, work?

4) The most memorable event of the war for you was? A lot of memorable events, every day was gift; I was alone with my mother. It was so hard time, but one event... I was alone in apartment, I hear bombs all around, my mother was out, she try find water and food for me, I wait for her few hours with tears and just repeat please God take care about my mommy :( (I was little girl)

5) What made you hopeless during the war? At begging I was thinking it'll stop for few days, week, months...but later after year I was without hope. I'll try explaining: Moment when you realize that you can't change anything and you're like doll, like thing, and dead is all around you.

6) What gave you hope during the war? It is something inside you like I'll do anything to survive. Like animal instinct.

7) Did you lose anyone close to you during the war? Yes few cousins, uncle, and friends.

8) Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded? Anyone close to you wounded?Not directly but I was near place where explosions happens, when I was waiting for water, and I was flying few meters.

9) Your biggest loss during the war was?  I lost part of my family, my friends, I lost time to be just a child, apartment I don't care but I lost normal grown up.

10) What was the hardest part about the war? For me all time of war, first period you're confused, want to survive and after mounts when you live without priority things for life, all around death, you became shadow
11) Did you leave the country during the war? No I was in Sarajevo all time, every day.

12) 20 years later, what do you think of what happened? My answer will be question: For what? Why? For one big nothing.

13) Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later? Be honest I was thinking when war stop everything will be OK like before, but now I'm not sure. People don’t work, no factory, corruption, only no weapons.

14) Do you think war will return to BiH? I hope no, maybe people learn lesson.

15) What do you think the future of BiH will be? I think we have to change these politicians from power, put on that place nontoxic young educative people and in that case we can talk about better tomorrow for our kids, about healthy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment