Tuesday, February 14, 2012

(36) Bosnia twenty years later a story of the loss of ones beloved father

(Sarajevo)

1) Do you remember where were you when you realized the war was imminent?

In the basement of an old building, it was the first day of bombing. I didn't know what was going on, given I was 8 years old, but I remember thinking that we were all, all of us cramped in this small, dark, damp place, to die very soon. That is how I first saw the war.

2) Do you remember where you were when the war broke out?

We went to visit some of our relatives, it was Eid. The exact place was called Bistrik.

3) Where were you when the war came to your town?

In the Old Town, heart of Sarajevo.

4) The most memorable event of the war for you was?

Killing of my father.

5) What made you hopeless during the war?

Going from one flat to another, and each one being bombed.

6) What gave you hope during the war?

My mom. She taught me to look at the big picture and live each day as separate from the next struggling to survive.

7) Did you lose anyone close to you during the war?

Many relatives, the closest being my father.

8) Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded?

No.

9) Your biggest loss during the war was?

My father. Material loss, my house.

10) What was the hardest part about the war?

After the war was the hardest part of it, growing up without father. Each year missing him more and more.

11) Did you leave the country during the war?

No.

12) 20 years later, what do you think of what happened?

I think that this war was orchestrated by those that rule today so they would make a place they could rule. I think that we were all idiots who let them play us into something horrible and loose so much.

13) Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later?

Worse.

14) Do you think war will return to BiH?

No.

15) What do you think the future of BiH will be?

Unforeseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment