Wednesday, February 15, 2012

(37) Bosnia twenty years later a story from Vratnik Sarajevo

(Vratnik, Sarajevo)

1.Do you remember where were you when you realized the war was imminent? What town and what location in the town?
 I do not remember exactly, but I think I was at my grandmother in Vratnik, the old part of Sarajevo.
2.Do you remember where you were when the war broke out, Specifically?
At home alone, watching through the window of the bakery which was located in the middle of the village. Then I first heard the gunshot and saw people running away who were waiting in line for bread. The moment that I'll never forget.

3. Where were you when the war came to your town? Were you at home, relatives, friends, work?
I was in the house as I have already stated. Military heritage field now known as Saraj field in the new part of Sarajevo.

4. The most memorable event of the war for you was?
There are several moments. One of them is, when the City Hall burned.. Then I was on Mejdan, Vratnik. The sky is not visible from the burnt paper that fell on me, everything was black around me, every roof houses, streets, people ...

5. What made you hopeless during the war?
First my father the most, then neighbors and territorial defense, which was in the building next to mine.

6. What gave you hope during the war?
My dog Lily, as when I was alone in the dark, scared, hungry and weeping, he was always with me and somehow he knew hot to cheer and laugh me up. Of course there are still neighbors who were always saying that everything will be okay and that everything will go fast.

7. Did you lose anyone close to you during the war?
Nobody from my family, thank god. Although my mom and sister were not there during the war. But I lost a few relatives.

8) Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded? Anyone close to you wounded? No

9.Your biggest loss during the war was?
My greatest loss was everything that happened during the war. Every man killed, child, women, genocide, massacre, etc. ....

10.What was the hardest part about the war? 
Most difficult period was the entire war. But especially the 1992 - 1993

11. Did you leave the country during the war?
No. The whole period of the war I was in the building on the first line, my home. Saraj Polje

12. 20 years later, what do you think of what happened?
It's all politics and individuals who wanted to dispel the most beautiful thing at that time.

13.Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later? They are not better that I expected it to be, but considering that even today the same thieves in power, I do not expect anything else.

14. Do you think war will return to BiH? I do not believe.

15.What do you think the future of BiH will be? As soon as current politicians leave, Bosnia and Herzegovina will go through a lot better and everything will be much nicer and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment