Wednesday, February 1, 2012

(26) Bosnia twenty years later a story from Jajce

(Jajce)

1) Do you remember where were you when you realized the war was imminent? in my hometown Jajce Bosnia and Herzegovina

2) Do you remember where you were when the war broke out? At my home in Jajce

3) Where were you when the war came to your town? The first shots struck me a couple of hundred meters from my house. Already before the evil sounds, I felt that something was wrong, on the street I was in the yards are ominous and empty. I was on my new bike, stood in the middle of the street, and wondered when the evil began. Impressively that I should go instead of driving the bike home, I put myself on the bike and ran to the house:)

4) The most memorable event of the war for you was? A lot of them in the head of a teenager. If you already have that one to stand out it is when someone shot at me, I guess the sniper. Behind me was a big wall and a shot  plunged into it, the shots could not be further than 20 inches from my head. I have been exposed completely, before I even hid some instinct made me look at the hill from which they shot me. Then at that moment I felt so despised, and even hatred, the creature on that hill. I guess he wanted such a thing to mention, my view.

5) What made you hopeless during the war? The living conditions .. End isn't in sight and you are not aware that  it will end, so the state that persists. We often say that he who has not tasted bread made without salt and yeast does not know really to appreciate the food:)

6) What gave you hope during the war? Due to our bad geographical position, then the almost besieged Jajce, some way out of an unenviable position was not seen in a wider horizon. We believed that the enemy will fail to capture the town, a belief which is effectively enclosed the fear.

7) Did you lose anyone close to you during the war?  My late second cousin Sacir I grew up with. During the last days of the defense of the city, as well at sixteen he voluntarily joins the Army of BiH where he died.

8) Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded? Thank God no. Father  was in the the Army of BiH was twice wounded

9) Your biggest loss during the war was? To be honest, loss of dignity. I was expelled from his area in an ugly and cruel way, ended up where I already had finished and it may never be something that I want ..

10) What was the hardest part about the war? When in my neighborhood, close to the front was impossible to live as a civilian primarily for sniper activities by civilians of the village, we fled to the countryside with my grandfather where I was somewhat uglier than my house. All that the Chetniks were not able to snipers in the village they used shells. In this village you could hude but you could not dwell in the houses for Serbs were firing upon them, so we are like the rest of the villagers for months, literally lived in a large and wet cave near the village.
11) Did you leave the country during the war? Yes

12) 20 years later, what do you think of what happened? I happen to catch myself in the matter. Are today's total injustice began with Bosnia, or is older than that?

13) Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later? I think it's hard to say, individual collisions with the collective and if I were answer would be too broad

14) Do you think war will return to BiH? With high hopes, I do not!

15) What do you think the future of BiH will be? My big wish is for BiH to become an EU member. I believe therefore, 90 percent of ultra nationalistic political problems, our nation is losing its meaning and may disappear with a "menu" ordinary people!

No comments:

Post a Comment