Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Motel Maxi best little place to stay in Sarajevo

Motel Maxi is the best little place to stay in all of Sarajevo in my opinion. It has expanded to some additional units since this picture was taken and has some very nice large suites at very reasonable rates. When I first started coming to Bosnia after the war I met many international officials who stayed there who worked for the IMF, UN and NGO's. Universally it was agreed that they have the best combination of price and comfort. You can find more luxury in Sarajevo and you can find cheaper prices but you won't find both.
The Staff is outstanding owned by a father son combination they have had the same small staff for 15 years now. Everyone is great and it is a safe place to stay as well. You don't have to worry about a maid or someone taking your valuables or rifling through your things when you are out of your room. I have never had a problem or heard of a problem before from others.
The staff is very friendly and competent and will make special accommodations for you whenever it is possible. I am amazed it is always the same staff time and time again. It is always nice to see them when I return and I can remember a few times staying out late and not taking my keys with me and someone waited at the Motel to make sure I got back into my room without a problem. Also when getting in late at night to the hotel from the airport has never been a problem for me.
The hotel is centrally located about 1/2 way downtown from the Airport in New Sarajevo, Hrsano on Azize Sacirbegovic street. You have a great view of the Bosmil towers and there are two shopping malls located within almost no distance at all (the robot centar is about 100 yards away and has a good pizza place in it as well as a full service grocery store and hypermarket Target style).
There is a Taxi stand always staffed within about 100 yards as well, along with a main tram stop. It's located right on the Mljacka river as well and is a quite peaceful area and very safe. The walking promenade that takes you downtown along the river is located right outside the hotel too.
Grbavica is right across the river and has some nice little places and sweet shops to stop and enjoy. You can even walk down to the Mercator Centar and do a little shopping there as well.
I am always offered places to stay in Sarajevo for free when I am there. but I feel very comfortable and happy staying with my friends at this Motel...I wrote this without any compensation or agreement from the Motel, it is a honest opinion of a great place to call home while away from home.
They do include breakfast for free and offer quality meals for an additional charge. There are some good little places to eat located very close to the motel though.

I got this info off of their website...

E-mail: hotel_maxi@bih.net.ba
Address: Azize Šaćirbegović 40
Tel: +387 33 71 36 40
Fax: +387 33 71 36 51
Info:
- The price does not include accommodation fee and insurance
- Breakfast: as required
- Credit cards: Master Card, Maestro Card, Visa, Visa Electron
- Accommodation: 32 beds/13 rooms
- Room facilities: Air conditioning, TV, SAT-TV, telephone, internet, mini bar
- Motel facilities: Safety deposit boxes, lift, laundry, room-service, restaurant, cocktail lounge, conference hall, garden, panoramic view of the city, parking lot, garage
Single room 1/185 KM
Double 1/2130 KM
Triple 1/3180 KM
Suite150 KM
Suite250 KM

1 comment: