Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SARAJEVO MAILBOXES

This is a photo from my friends apartment block in Hrsano on Azize Sacirbegovic street in Sarajevo. I was shocked the first time I saw these, so much so I had to take this pic. He explained most were broken into during the war, some after as well. You need a key to get into his lobby but people were always propping the doors open. The rest of the general areas of the building weren't much better. The elevators were awful and they were updated with help from the UN and still sucked. I took a copy of this picture to my local post office so they could see what there brethren overseas have to deal with sometimes. They posted in their office, postal humor I guess.
They have since replaced the mailboxes with new ones and the lobby looks much better. The elevators still suck though, we got stuck between floors this summer with my baby and my wife. My wife freaked out, but it's just something you have to deal with in Eastern Europe sometimes...Nema problema...

1 comment:

  1. This blog post gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks!

    Bryce Lodging View

    ReplyDelete