(Banja Luka's famous Ferhadija mosque which was blown up during the war by the Serbian authorities, then bulldozed after the war)
1) Do you remember where were you when you realized the war was imminent? In Banjaluka, my hometown.
2) Do you remember where you were when the war broke out? In Banjaluka
3) Where were you when the war came to your town? In Banjaluka
4) The most memorable event of the war for you was? When the Serbian soldiers got in to our home, to find my father. Then when we had to leave our Bosnia..
5) What made you hopeless during the war? When friends and neighbors, became enemies.
6) What gave you hope during the war? Our unity, when Bosnians started to help each other even though the Serbs had much more weapons.
7) Did you lose anyone close to you during the war? Some relatives, but not close family..
8) Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded? No
9) Your biggest loss during the war was? When the Serbs took our house.
10) What was the hardest part about the war? When we had to leave our country..
11) Did you leave the country during the war? Yes
12) 20 years later, what do you think of what happened? It’s sad, that the world watched how hundreds of thousand people were killed, in front of their eyes.
13) Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later? Yes and no
14) Do you think war will return to BiH? Yes, I think a new war will come, but when!?
15) What do you think the future of BiH will be? People must come along. I am half Muslim and half Christian, but my nationality is Bosnian, and it doesn’t matter what religion people have in my country, they must start to see Bosnia as their land, and not Serbia or Croatia..