Wednesday, January 25, 2012

(23) Bosnia twenty years later a story from Gracanica

(Gračanica)
1) Do you remember where were you when you realized the war was imminent?
I was at home, in the town Gračanica, right between Tuzla and Doboj

2) Do you remember where you were when the war broke out? Same place, at home in Gracanica

3) Where were you when the war came to your town?
I was at home, my two kids and my husband went to war, I was terrified about them, people were moving out and going in foreign countries, mostly Germany.

4) The most memorable event of the war for you was?
The birth of my grandson, and seeing my kids and my husband come home alive.
 
 
5) What made you hopeless during the war?
The situation that was in the air, like the war will never end


6) What gave you hope during the war?
The moments I spend with my family.

7) Did you lose anyone close to you during the war?
I did loose my cousins, and aunts.

Were you wounded during the war? Where were you wounded?
I wasn't. But my oldest son was hit by "shrapnel", he still has it in his back

9) Your biggest loss during the war was?
My nerves.

10) What was the hardest part about the war?
Not knowing whether my family is alive

11) Did you leave the country during the war?
No, although people were asking me to join them.

12) 20 years later, what do you think of what happened?
Politicians happened.

13) Are things better or worse than what you expected 20 years later?
Worse.

14) Do you think war will return to BiH?
Yes, I really do believe.

15) What do you think the future of BiH will be?

I don't know but I really hope it will be better than the current situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment